We must start this episode with two important notes:
1 – We are not accountants, nor attorneys. What we discuss in this episode should not serve as actionable legal or accounting advice. You should always consult your lawyer and accountant for that.
2 – We’re both based in the US, so what we talk about here probably won’t apply to our International audience. But maybe some general ideas might carry over to your neck of the woods.
That being said, in this episode we give our take on questions like:
- How do you run a freelance business that is compliant in the eyes of the IRS?
- What is your legal business structure: LLC, sole proprietorship, or corporation?
- How do you handle paying taxes? Quarterly estimates… etc.
- Do you have a system for setting aside money for taxes?
- What types of expenses do you write off as tax deductions?
- How do you keep track of business expenses?
Don’t Forget About Our Giveaway!
That’s right, we’re giving away a subscription to Solo: Beautiful Project Management for the Freelancer. We’ve teamed up with Solo to give one of our lucky listeners/viewers a ONE YEAR SUBSCRIPTION to Solo. That’s a $120 value!
To enter, all you have to do is sign up for our email list. That’s it.
You’ll also be signed up for Solo’s mailing list automatically. You can cancel your subscription to either list at any time, just make sure you’re still signed up when we announce our winner in episode #21.
MightyDeals.com offers amazing deals for web professionals.
Discounts up to 90% off!