Dippin’ Dots-owner-turned-super-graphic-designer Sean Farrell joined us this week to talk about his path to the freelance life as well as his logo design process. Sean is the man behind Brand Clay as well as an integral piece of the Fixel virtual agency team.
If you are wondering if Craigslist is a good place to find jobs, why 99designs sucks (or doesn’t suck), where to find design inspiration, and why all great rappers should have a logo, tune in to this episode.
Mentioned in this episode:
- Dave: @daveyank, Lift Development, CommonSpace, Anywhere Man
- Brian: @casjam, CasJam Media, ThemeJam, briancasel.com
- Podcasts: Mixergy, Accidental Creative, 5by5.tv, Wide Teams
- BRAND CLAY logo questionnaire
- BRAND CLAY naming exercise
- LogoLounge, Logo Pond, Dribbble
This episode’s soundtrack:
We’re spinning a super cool album this week by Danger Mouse & Daniele Luppi called Rome which features appearances by folks like Jack White and Norah Jones.
Opening clip: “Season’s Trees”
Closing track: “Black”
MightyDeals.com offers amazing deals for web professionals.
Discounts up to 90% off!